Finance and Administrative Officer
- Vacancy Number: AISS-FD-001-17
- Functional Area: Finance/Administrative
- Organization: Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS)
- Job Location: Kabul-Afghanistan
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Fixed-term
- Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
- Salary: As per company salary scale
- Education: University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Experience: 4-6 Years
- Announcing Date: 08 February 2017
- Closing Date: 22 February 2017
The Finance and Administration Officer is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team of 3 people and oversee financial management, investors’ relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
- Provide complete report (monthly, one period “6th month” and yearly) activities of AISS.
- Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement.
- Processing all financial transaction and operation in Financial Accounting System including staff and vender payment voucher, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers.
- Maintain up-to-date bookkeeping of daily expenses.
- Perform monthly bank and cash reconciliations and prepare monthly expense reports.
- Ensure data is entered and transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Ensure on time payment of all approved expenses and invoices.
- Prepare monthly fund requests, ensuring they are accurate, and complete.
- Manage and track petty cash account.
- Maintain close coordination with all senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention. Support staff with budget management.
- Ensure proper management of files, including all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation.
- Maintain clear records of monthly cashbook and bankbook balance.
- Ensure that all accounting is done as per the rules and have them ready for audit purposes
- Assist in preparation of reports as required by the Ministry of the Economy.
Qualification And Requirements
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Four to Six years’ experience in the field of office administration with knowledge of (Quick Books) accounting software.
- This position requires self-initiative and the ability to work under pressure while being extremely detail-oriented.
- Good at oral and written English and local languages.
- Proven experience as a team player.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proven experience in logistic procedures.
- High level of precision and used to manage complex processes with excellent results.
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Resilient to high workload and ability to work independently and under time pressure.
Each application must contain (1) an updated CV, (2) a covering letter which should include why you think you are suitable for this position. Kindly ensure that you meet all requirements before applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 February 2017