Online Web Editor
- Vacancy Number: AISS-WE-001-16
- Functional Area: Communication
- Organization: Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS)
- Job Location: Flexible
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Type: Full Time
- Contract Type:
- Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
- Salary: As per company salary scale
- Education: University degree Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- Experience: 4-6 Years
- Announcing Date: 09 February 2016
- Closing Date: 28 February 2016
The online website content manager will be responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. Online Website content editor must have the ability to edit, publish online content in English that is clear, concise, vivid and conveys key messages to AISS target audiences on the Webs. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, the incumbent will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The online website content editor will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
Edit and publish online content in English that is clear, concise, vivid, and conveys key messages to target audiences on the Web. Ensure that all content is timely, accurate and compelling;
- Manage, edit and obtain content for AISS website in both English and Farsi languages
- Be the focal point to determine how specific events should be covered and content upload on the AISS website in both languages.
- Collaborate with team members across organization to develop and implement strategies to make AISS website more dynamic
- Prepare and re-design articles and submit it to director editor for approval
- Analyze and recommend interesting topic to publish in line with organization’s content policy.
- Reviews AISS web content for grammatical spelling and typographic errors with accuracy and speed.
- Contribute to the publication of a wide series of multimedia products including photo galleries, videos and audio materials;
- Other activity assigned by AISS director
Qualification And Requirements
- University degree from faculty of law journalism, political science or related field
- Four to Six years’ experience in related field
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including near-perfect grammar
- Strong and versatile editing and writing abilities
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Ability to research and write for different online audiences and functions, including articles, in-depth guides.
- Working knowledge of photo editing software
Each application must contain (1) an updated CV, (2) a covering letter which should include why you think you are suitable for this position. Kindly ensure that you meet all requirements before applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline:28 February 2016