Project Background and justification
During the history, Herat has always impacted the political culture in the region of Afghanistan. It’s also true that from time to time people of Herat have experienced ups and downs through political developments. Nowadays, the political culture in Herat is shaped by some contradictory elements including religion, tribalism and democracy.
Given the historic significance of Herat city in the development of political culture in the region, the AISS decided to conduct a survey to assess the political culture of in Herat. The case study of Herat would shed light on the development of political culture in an influencing part of Afghanistan.
Project Goal and Objectives
- Analyzing various components of the political culture in Herat
- Evaluating the political engagement of people in Herat
Project Outcome and results
- Recognizing the main tendencies of political engagement in Herat
- Presenting practical solutions for reviewing and reforming status quo.
Beneficiaries and Stakeholders
Beneficiaries of this project can be categorized in two parts:
- Specific beneficiaries: the results and findings of this research project can be used by government of Afghanistan and relevant agencies including political parties and civil society organizations.
- General beneficiaries: the ordinary citizens of the country are all among the general beneficiaries of this project.
Through a quantitative methodology, the researchers will conduct the survey in different districts of the Herat City. A number of 390 individuals from different categories (including the civil society actives, media, University students and professors, teachers, political activists, government officials, businessmen and intellectuals) will be interviewed in the survey. The collected data will be analyzed by SPSS software